Sustainable Coastlines and Auranga community planting day
- When: from 10am on Sunday, 24 September
- Where: on the banks of Ngakoroa Stream, 132 Bremner Road, Drury
- Why: because building a new community on a greenfields site near the water comes with a responsibility to the natural environment
- How: by planting native trees to stabilise stream banks and stop sediment from getting into our waterways - this will help soak up nutrients and chemicals that pollute the water, rejuvenate native biodiversity, increase our connection to nature and neutralise carbon emissions.
- What: getting together with other volunteers to plant some trees and enjoy a free Mexican lunch